Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- The 2010 Grimmys // Game of The Year
- The 2010 Grimmys // Downloadable Game of the Year
- The 2010 Grimmys // Mobile Game of the Year
- The 2010 Grimmys // DLC of the Year
- The 2010 Grimmys // BFG Award
- The 2010 Grimmys // Queued Up Award
- The 2010 Grimmys // Infinite Lives Awards
- The 2010 Grimmys // Not Entertained Award
- The 2010 Grimmys // Other Games
- Our Culture // Hey! Watch! Come Get Some with the Duke of Nukem
Last Week’s Headlines
The Cursed had the week off but that didn’t stop us from announcing our 2010 Grimmy Award Winners. We also chewed on last few bits of news of the year about the latest releases and 2011’s early arrivals. 13 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Humble Indie Bundle 2 Concludes, Collects Over $1.8M – ShackNews
That’s so very awesome.
Our Favorite Tech — Blue Snowball Podcast Mic – Tested
This is what The Horrible Show crew uses!
Dead Rising 2: Case West Available Today on Xbox Live – G4
Another proper sized Dead Rising experience headed your way via download.
Review: Back to the Future: The Game, Episode 1 – Destructoid
I should probably play this series all the way through.
Check out the impressive first Tomb Raider screenshots – Destructoid
Really torn on this one, it feels too much like Uncharted to me so far.
Cerberus Network To Go Dark, Undisclosed DLC On The Horizon – GameInformer
Was confused, but looks like this just affects news postings. No big loss there.
Visceral Rewards Loyalty With Dead Space 2 Weapon Unlock – GameInformer
I do love free stuff just for playing games I already love.