Not drought of trailers lately, as the only difficult part is to remain focused on the games we have. Sadly, we had a couple major hits of bad news as closures continue to take their toll on the industry.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Rated Review // Tales From Space: About a Blob Review: Slimy and Starving by Wizardtrain187
- Retro Review // Desert Strike: Securing Peace Through Superior Firepower by GiffTor
- The Horrible Show // What We Are Playing February 2011
- Hey! // Watch! Magicka Infomercial
- Editorial // Achievements Do Not Make Games Better by JPizzle151
- Editorial // I Confess: Metroid by Colefacekilla
- REPLY TO ALL // Launch Day DLC Part 2
- Reflex Review // Bird Assassin: Doing Pappy Proud by GiffTor
- I Learned Something Today // Final Fight by Wizardtrain187
Last Week’s Headlines
18 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Halo: Reach ‘Defiant Map Pack’ offers three new maps in March – Joystiq
Ohhhhh new firefight map. Me likey.
Batman: Arkham City is a ‘single-player only experience’ – Destructoid
Ain’t broken. Way to stick to your guns, Rocksteady.
‘R’ Rating Killed the BioShock Movie – GameLife
Dammit. I love R’s
Xbox 360 indie-game buying guide: 12 games for $60 – Bitmob
Review of Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds – Giant Bomb
Agh. I just don’t know about this game. I know I always get tired of fighting games, but it looks damn good.
The Walking Dead, Fables game adaptations coming from Telltale – Joystiq
Rumors are true. Still nervous, but best of luck to Telltale.
Bizarre Creations farewell video is legitimately sad – Joystiq
XIM3 Poised to Provide Proper Mouse and Keyboard Support for the 360 – Piki Geek
Sounds intriguing, but the price is a bit much.