Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // How You Play The Game: Spore Made Me Switch Teams
- Cursed Activities // Meanwhile… Slots Available
- Editorial // It Doesn’t Matter: Thieves Go Mobile
- The Horrible Show // Games of 2011 Preview
- Hey! // Play! Armor Mayhem
- Editorial // Gamer’s Journey: Video Game Withdrawal
- REPLY TO ALL // Grown Up Gaming Rules
- Editorial // Mail This: Your Classic Games Aren’t Worth Defending
- I Learned Something Today // Dig Dug
Last Week’s Headlines
Everything 3DS dominated the headlines last week, and the internet helps win a battle for mobile developers. 16 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Google pulls Kongregate Arcade from Android Market – Destructoid
The Nintendo 3DS is $250, due March 25th UK, 27th US – Destructoid
Cheaper than the predicted $279. Still a lot for a Nintendo handheld.
8-Bit demake Pixel Force Halo now available – Destructoid
It’s entirely possible that I like this more than the original. But that’s just me.
Activision Recommends The Closure Of Bizarre Creations – GameInformer
Pour one out for your Bizarre homies.
Stacking Priced and Dated – ShackNews
Double Fine’s next downloadable release is coming much sooner than I expected.
Impressions: Dawn of War II: Retribution – Destructoid
Preview of one of Ethan’s 2011 picks.
Rumor: Telltale developing The Walking Dead game – Joystiq
Just a rumor now, but I dunno about Telltale and mature content. Even though The Walking Dead as an adventure game could be interesting.
Apple takes down stolen game following Internet uproar – Destructoid
Hell, yes. Love it when the internet wins.