Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Rated Review // Astroman Review: Indie Metroid-Lite
- Preview // Take Notice: Go! Go! Namco Bandai!
- The Horrible Show // Does December 2010 Matter?
- Our Culture // Hey! Play! Fallout 3 Demake
- Event // Tron: Legacy – Horrible Night Out 1/14 Indianapolis
- Editorial // Don’t Be That Guy: Video Game Over Enthusiast
- REPLY TO ALL // Gaming New Year’s Resolutions
- Our Culture // The Video Game Ghosts of Christmas Past
- Editorial // I Learned Something Today: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
Last Week’s Headlines
CES dominated the first full week of 2011, but was light on the video game news. 19 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Rock Band Developer Sold For The Price Of A Copy Of Rock Band 3 – Kotaku
This is why I don’t pretend to understand big business and the economics of investments.
5 Xbox Live Indie Games You Must Download – IndieGames.com
Definitely a varied list. Again, would love to see more of a push to Xbox Live Indie Games just like this.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Announced – G4
Been a few years since I picked up a PGA Tour game, this may be worth an update.
XBLA Update – ilomilo – GamerBytes
Platforming puzzle game that’s receiving decent critical acclaim so far.
Kinect-Enabled Hulu Plus And Netflix Coming To Xbox Live – GameInformer
Whoa, I was just excited for Netflix additions, Hulu is a nice bonus.
Microsoft: Kinect sells 8 million units worldwide – Joystiq
It overperformed. That’s impressive.
Nintendo tried 3D on GameCube and GBA – Joystiq
That would have been a helluva Game Boy SP.
Turbine: Lord of the Rings Online monthly revenue has tripled thanks to freemium – Joystiq
That’s awesome. Love to see alternative MMO pricing models succeed.
CES: Beyond Good and Evil HD looks real purdy – Destructoid
The HD remake I’m the most excited for.