Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Reflex Review // Fallout: New Vegas: Love It or Leave It
- Rated Review // Enslaved: Odyssey to the West: Monkeying Around the Apocalypse
- The Horrible Show // Does October 2010 Matter?
- Our Culture // Hey! Listen! Free Zelda Soundtracks
- REPLY TO ALL // Favorite 16-Bit Games Part 2
- Rated Review // Costume Quest: Monsters Want My Candy
- Editorial // Mail This: Halo: Reach Wasn’t Broke, But Fix It Anyway, Bungie
- Editorial // I Learned Something Today: Supreme Commander 2
Last Week’s Headlines
Light week for news other than trouble at Harmonix and more record breaking sales for Call of Duty. 21 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
PSA: All forthcoming Rock Band DLC incompatible with RB1/RB2 – Joystiq
Whoa. Didn’t see that coming. Kind of a bummer even if it’s understandable.
Activision Was Owed Money In Brutal Legend Debacle, says Kotick – IndustryGamers
No one was happier to see Brutal Legend flop than Bobby.
Nintendo Files Claim On ‘It’s On Like Donkey Kong’ – GameInformer
I’m siding with Ice Cube
BREAKING: Viacom to Sell Harmonix – RockBandAide
I know they haven’t been making the money they expected, but this is still surprising. Was a great fit with MTV.
Acvitivision: Black Ops tops Modern Warfare 2 day-one sales record, with 5.6M sold in US and UK – Joystiq
Ugh. Looks like this isn’t going away any time soon.
New L.A. Noire Trailer Brings Our Hearts To Justice – G4TV
I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt but the characters in this trailer still creep me out.
Angry Birds confirmed as coming to XBLA, PSN, WiiWare before a sequel – Joystiq
My god the $$$