After the debut trailer of The LEGO Movie Videogame broke space and time as we know it, you had to be wondering where LEGO games go from here. Brian Anderson has some ideas. Following up his LEGO Breaking Bad parody, he’s back with a new idea that minifigs the harrowing world of The Last of Us. Combining the dread that comes with the gameplay of The Last of Us with LEGO sensibilities may have healed a few of the scars that the original game caused on my soul. LEGO therapy does wonders.
Could or should LEGO could ever take on mature content like this? Which game/show would be brave enough to let the blocks take over their world. In the meantime, I hope Brian keeps messing with our cute little plastic heads.
What else do we have in here?
- The Warp Zone music video is a power ballad full of gaming one liners.
- Revisit Chris Vrenna’s soundtrack to American McGee’s Alice with The Funhouse.
- Trailer of the Week – No Man’s Sky
“Still picking pieces of my jaw up off the floor. Joe Danger devs are aiming high.”
- If any Zelda game needed plushies it’s The Wind Waker.
- Metal Gear Rising Cosplay looks ridiculously uncomfortable. But awesome.
- This Is How Spelunky’s Level Generator Works (Indie Statik)
- Paperboy 3: The Hard Way fan film because: “If any classic video game series deserved a grindhouse film conversion, I guess it would be Paperboy?”
- Doom is turned 20 years-old this week. Celebrate with Doom art and an interview with the Johns (Kotaku).
- Starbound is amazing. So is its music creator that helped make this cover of 500 miles during a guided tour of the game world.
- FreddieW and Rocket Jump is back with a new video about “Every Fighting Game, Ever.“
- Kill Screen relives “the last great console war – Genesis does what Nintendon’t”
Catch all of these and more gamer culture goodness as we find them on our Tumblr site – Horrible Night Inventory
Peach is intense: