I couldn’t be more excited to get my hands on Charlie Murder and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons in this years Summer of Arcade. That being said, the rest of SOA this year and actually the promotion as a while in the last few years has gone severely down hill, and I hope Microsoft is taking notice. It was also confirmed this week for the 12 of us that are fans of ZombiU, that a sequel is probably not going to happen. I mean, I knew better, but I loved that game and couldn’t help but hold out hope. I’m enjoying Ubisoft’s continuing prodding of Nintendo to remind it that Ubisoft wanted to help out the Wii U, but it needs to sell more hardware to keep it around. On the other end of the spectrum, I shouldn’t have been surprised at the sales success of The Last of Us, but I wasn’t sure how a new franchise would do during the current trend of slow game sales. The fans show up for Naughty Dog though, and that’s a great thing.
Keep up with even more headlines that have our attention on the Horrible Newswire on Google+.
The last few days in headlines
- Mercenary Kings coming to Steam Early Release this month. From the Scott Pilgrim and Wizorb team.
- Activision-Blizzard rejoins the ESA. So weird that they have been out this long.
- Summer of Arcade 2013 release dates and pricing announced. This is pretty weak when compared to what it once was.
- Cube World servers are still under attack. Seriously, let the game out, you jerks.
- Saints Row IV to conclude the “saga.” Really, where do you go from here? Will need to scale back down a bit.
- ZombiU sequel unlikely due to lack of profitability. I know you want to make money, but can you make it for me, like, as a favor?
- The Last of Us is PS3’s “Fastest Selling New Software Title.” Hell of a debut. Awesome.
- World of Warcraft is adding microtransactions. The road to free-to-play continues.
- Firefall Open Beta is now live. This game may actually see a final release.