Contest has ended: Thanks to everyone who helped #SaveScottPilgrim. We did not meet our Sharing goal (final tally: 202). Be sure to check out our contest summary if you left a comment before the deadline.
A geek tragedy occurred over the weekend. Scott Pilgrim vs The World may have won over Comic-Con, gamers, and movie critics, but it wasn’t enough to avoid a box office bust. The movie finished 3rd out of the new releases and 5th overall bringing in a disappointing $10 million compared to it’s $90 million budget. But Scott Pilgrim will fight! And you can win a copy of Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game.
- Scott Pilgrim, the books and the movie, promote gamer and geek culture in a way we have never seen before.
- Edgar Wright has made a fantastic and entertaining movie with style to spare.
- Make a statement. After this weekend, studios think we want more movies like The Expendables and Eat. Pray. Love., and less like Scott Pilgrim vs The World.
To spread the word to fans of Scott Pilgrim to go see the movie, go see it again, and to take someone new with them in order to keep the movie from being a box office bust.
Tweet #SaveScottPilgrim with a link to this contest
Fan Up on the Scott Pilgrim vs The Box Office Facebook Page
- Start: The contest will become active once we reach our Sharing Goal of a combined total of 400 tweets or Facebook Likes about this contest.
- To Enter: Leave a comment on this page before the deadline, stating how you will help Scott Pilgrim defeat the Box Office along with your platform of choice (PS3 or Xbox 360)
- Deadline: The contest will end on Sunday, August 29th at 11:59 PM EST
- To Win: 1 Winner will be selected at random from the list of commenters on this page.
- The Prize: 1 PSN or Xbox Live points card of a value equal or greater to the amount required to purchase 1 copy of Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game on the platform specified by the winner.
- No Contest: There will be no contest and no winner if the Sharing Goal is not met before the deadline.
- Enter Your Comments Now: Comments added before the Sharing Goal is met WILL BE entered into the contest. You MUST choose your platform in order to be eligible to win.
Best of luck to everyone and let’s Save Scott Pilgrim!
Disclaimer: HorribleNight.com and its community are not in any way affiliated with the companies behind the Scott Pilgrim series of books, movies, and games. We are fans, pure and simple. All rights to Scott Pilgrim are reserved to their respective owners.