I should have been better prepared to deal with the haze surrounding the aftermath of the Xbox One announcement, or maybe Microsoft just underestimated how many elephants were in the room. Either way the amount of reporting without any actual facts or answers reached an annoying degree last week so I turned it off to focus on more interesting things like Sony holding back on just how sexy the cars in Gran Turismo will be for the next few years. Plus, the world finally got inside of Peter Molyneux’s cube, and Peter Molyneux was inside. I don’t know what I was expecting…
The last few days in headlines
- I’m not convinced that we know anything about Xbox One, but here are some answers to some questions.
- The ironic thing is, if you watched the livestream of the #XboxReveal, Kill Screen says (and I agree with it) that the Xbox One isn’t for you.
- One thing we do know is what the Xbox One game cases look like. Which will really matter in 3 years when you buy all of them digitally.
- Joe Danger 1 and 2 are coming to PC. Charming series that I always though would be PSN exclusive. Enjoy.
- Why Gran Turismo 6 is a PS3 game and not a PS4 game. Missed opportunity for GT6 and GT7 in my opinion.
- All the games for Capcom Arcade Cabinet are available now. Save $15 when you buy the entire collection. The piecemealing is finally over.
- Mega Man X coming to Wii U Virtual Console. At least Nintendo is bringing the hits.
- Curiosity ends. Molyneux turns final player into God in his next game.
Previews, Trailers and Reviews
- Only Saints Row gets away with trailers like this and leaves us wanting more.
- New trailer for Destiny shows off some factions.
- Hands-on with Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina DLC. Fantasy based? How did I miss this? Awesome.
- Polygon’s Fuse Review. Sounds like it was close to being great, but ultimately, about what we should have expected.