I don’t know why I take Nintendo so personally, but there’s a special kind of angst that grows every time I go home and see my Wii U after Nintendo makes any announcements. Distracting myself with two of the SNES’s best games will only get you so far after you step on your fans, and continue to repackage your old games for the upteenth time as something we should be excited for. Anyway, 4A Games is much cooler than you this week, Big N.
The last few days in headlines
- DICE is opening a Star Wars studio in LA. Has to be for Battlefront, right?
- Steam is beta testing Steam Trading Cards. So now Steam is a game, too. The backlog keeps getting bigger. And weirder.
- EA’s Online Pass programs is now dead. No more for future games so what will they come up with next?
- Nintendo is now collecting ad revenue of Let’s Play videos. Because people watch these for the game content… I don’t think so.
- Wii U Virtual Console adds Super Metroid and Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts. At least one part of the Wii U is getting better.
- Metro: Last Light developer doesn’t make excuses. It’s a miracle these games are as good as they are.
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is coming to PC. Hell yes.
- Nintendo Direct round-up from 5/17. Sonic is the headliner?
- Lulzsec hackers convicted for targeting Sony, EA, Nintendo and others. Hack the Planet ’11 didn’t turn out so well.