While I do want Gearbox to be taken down a peg after their handling of the bad reviews of Aliens: Colonial Marines, if the misrepresentation goes through, we’re going to be seeing a lot less/different E3 demos. Grand Theft Auto V wanted a lot of attention this week, I could care less personally. I’m most excited for a new 3 person “truck” in Planetside 2, which should help me ignore just how annoyed I am at Katie Couric jumping into the conversation around the psychological effects of video games. Just make sure you cover both sides of the story there, Kate. That’s a noob mistake.
The last few days in headlines
- Another Earthbound game would be “impossible.” Don’t worry, it was only the series creator that said that. Sigh.
- Gearbox and Sega are being sued over the misrepresentation of the quality of Aliens: Colonial Marines. Make sure your E3 demos don’t lie.
- Next Call of Duty game is Call of Duty: Ghosts. Luckily not Modern Warfare 4.
- Did you know that the Wii U is doing free-to-play games? I didn’t. Tank! Tank! Tank! is the first, I think.
- Defiance has over one million players. Nice start for a new franchise, but will they stick around?
- Katie Couric tackles one side of irresponsible video gaming. Guess which side.
Previews, Trailers and Reviews
- Grand Theft Auto V Character trailers. Comment not needed.
- Zeno Clash 2 Impressions. ACE will make a great game, not quite there though.
- Planetside 2 Update #8 adds a Harrasser buggy. Break out your Sony space bucks for blinging out your buggy.
- Snoop Lion has a rhythm fighting game called Way of the Dogg. Shaq-Fu remake suddenly gains some confidence.