We’ll never really know what happened behind the scenes of Adam Orth’s resignation at Microsoft. Sure his #dealwithit comment was a bit misguided, but it was also mostly true. Whether or not the next Xbox is always online or online only, our devices are more connected every day. Fighting it is a bit futile. Beyond that though, I’m always humbled by watching social media change the very career/life of isolated people for better and for worse. I have to agree with Cliff in that I’d still rather everyone lighten up and allow for isolated moments of idiocy and passion be more accepted on social media. Otherwise our feeds are going to be full of boring mouthpieces with no real opinions where we may as well start following the press releases directly.
Someone really should have warned me about how damn charming Guacamelee was going to be. I mean, I already have an inherent weakness to anything resembling a Metroidvania experience, but if you are going to fill your game with geek references, too, I need to prepare my smile muscles. I almost lost my shit at the first Choozo statue. Oh ya, and the game is simple and fun to play, too.
The other reason my face was in pain from positivity was due to the bizarre and hilarious cutscenes/announcer in Battleblock Theater. While the verdict is still out on this puzzle platformer, the presentation around The Behemoth’s latest game is worth the price of admission alone. I’m enjoying the gameplay as well, but my real motivation is to push through to see what the next quip or cutscene pops up.
Have Some News
- Guacamelee! reviewed and oddly full of puns.
- Batman: Arkham Origins announced.
- Adam Orth resigns after #dealwithit comments about always online next Xbox.
- ShootMania Storm is out on PC.
- Dark Souls II gets a trailer and previews.
- Nintendo discontinuing Wii online channels.
- Mr. Resetti made little girls cry.
- Tuesday Live Show – The Horrible Show at 730pm EDT – The Action Pack returns, bring your safeword. Plus gaming after the show.
- Ethan claims that the game of the year discussion for 2013 is already over.
- Acapella video game music is surprisingly good.
- Brotabulous Moments in Gaming returns with Defiance.
Have Some Culture
- 30 minutes of Team Fortress 2 on Oculus Rift.
- Mega Man X FPS was being worked on by former Metroid Prime devs.
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Prototypes.
- 50 NES Boss Death Animations.
- A computer learns to play Super Mario Bros.
- Fan-made live action Dead Space trailer.
- Somebody caught them all as plushies.
That’s it. I’m done.