DICE is always a humbling week for me as a critic. It’s one thing to get caught up in the opinions of the Horrible Night writers and our peers, but seeing what the developers think about their own brings a whole new perspective. Plus, it was nice to take a break from all of ugliness of industry business that has been going around lately.
I continued my to test the limits of my PC which I never ended to be a gaming rig. As we continue to explore new livestreaming options I took to broadcasting from my home office for the first time and learned quite a bit about the technology pains Josh Lee is absorbed in during our live shows each week. If you’re curious in trying things out for yourself, I recommend Open Broadcast Software as a free way to see how it all works.
I fully expected to spend most of my weekend with Isaac Clarke despite the mixed reviews and my own worries about Dead Space 3. The good news is after a bumpy intro, the first major section of the game actually felt like classic Dead Space. I jumped, I shot, I missed, I stomped, I died, I had fun. But for some reason all of Ethan’s talk last week drew me to try out Path of Exile. Holy hell, I know it’s just another loot filled dungeon crawler, but the atmosphere hooked me right along with the setting and enemy designs. Maybe I just like the hopeless feeling of the exile hero’s plight, but I couldn’t stop playing and that felt great.
Have Some News
- The Witcher 3 revealed as open world and next gen.
- OUYA hitting stores in June.
- Notch admits Pyschonauts 2 may need more than a couple million bucks.
- Gabe Newell + JJ Abrams = Portal and Half-Life movies
- Rayman Legends delayed till September, no longer Wii U exclusive.
- Next Assassin’s Creed game will not feature Connor.
- Here are the DICE award winners including overall game of the year, Journey.
- Barring illness, The Horrible Show will be live Tuesday at 7:30pm EST with Aliens: Colonial Marines co-op action livestreaming after the show.
- The first Aftermath episode of the year explored THQ’s bankruptcy.
- See the Global Game Jam Berlin through Ethan’s eyes.
- Game Coverage – Path of Exile, 400 Years, War Thunder
Have Some Culture
- Risk: Mass Effect and other upcoming video game board games
- Nintendo Force Subscriptions are live, needs your power.
- Dig Dug parodies Ke$ha
- Mario Kart GP DX Arcade Revealed
- Skyrim Theme covered by Chocolate Rain Singer
- Project Metroid wants to become a LEGO set.
Gohma gets crafty: