Video games took a beating last week. Same old story exacerbated by an idiotic publisher, so it was nice to be reminded by Bungie that this is an industry full of good people. Bungie’s team went out of its way to cheer up a child who had just endured a liver transplant. The pictures are tear jerkers.
While I had full intentions of blasting through DmC this weekend, it isn’t exactly the most kid friendly game and my girlfriend’s daughter was more curious than usual. This led to me getting to introduce her to PC gaming and how it’s a different set of games than we have on “the big tv” so we got explore some indie platformers. While I really just wanted to show her a few games that I knew she’d like the look of, I ended up getting hooked on Fly’N. The game much deeper than I initially expected, much harder than expected, and gorgeous to look at. Of course, she eventually got frustrated at my lack of skills once the introductory levels were over and continues to think that I’m terrible at video games. At least I found another game to love me though.
Have Some News
- Arma Devs finally free on bail after espionage charges held them for 128 days.
- I’m not sure what is epic about Epic Mickey when the sequel only managed to sell 270k copies.
- Those launch window Wii U titles get updated release dates, most outside of the launch window.
- Square Enix embarasses itself with Final Fantasy All the Bravest on iOS.
- Disney Infinity tells Skylanders, “Thanks, we’ll take it from here.”
- A Hat in Time calls to Wind Waker fans.
- Suda51’s next game, Killer is Dead, looks like a Suda51 game from this trailer.
- Torsos and politicians got us riled up last week. Thankfully, the game jam was fun.
- Game coverage – Dishonored, Ni no Kuni, Dead Space 3
- Super Gaming Best Friends live podcast Tuesday at 7pm EST on Twitch.tv/HorribleNight – Time to catch up on what we’ve been playing, plus Ni no Kuni and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance after the show.
- The Best of Horrible Night 2012 – No seriously, voting starts this week.
Have Some Culture
- Dyad developer writes about the beauty of Doom 3’s code, so John Carmack swings by in the comments.
- What if Dishonored was a text adventure?
- Feature-length LEGO Castlevania fan film is now complete.
- Some cool retro game pendants.
- “Videogames Are To Blame For Every Bad Thing That Has Ever Happened.”
And here’s Tupac and Suge Knight playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2. Reddit wins again: