Even though CES isn’t worth paying attention as a gamer much anymore, I do appreciate starting off the year with some nergasms. Nothing gets me quite as excited as Steam Box rumors, even though I still don’t believe anyone knows anything concrete, I just hope Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are paying attention so our game rooms get the benefit.
I’ve been a bit aimless in my gaming lately with two huge undertakings of Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 going on at the same time, I’m still looking for which smaller game I will be playing in my down time. This led me to searching through my suddenly bloated PC library (thanks again to the Steam holiday sales). I gotta say I’m falling for a lot of games right now, and even though Droid Assault, Sine Mora, Hotline Miami, and Dustforce all charmed my pants off, this library exploration led to one huge mistake – Spec Ops: The Line. I don’t have time for another 6-8 hour campaign type of game, but SO:TL pulled me in quick. The combat is somewhere between serviceable and pretty good, but the weight behind “killing dudes” is like nothing I’ve ever felt before. I can’t wait until this game really gets going and messes with my head.
Have Some News
- CES – Nvidia Project Shield, Valve and Xi3 Piston, Steam Boxes.
- Big 2013 3rd party releases skipping Wii U.
- Pokemon X and Y announced for 3DS for Oct 2013.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is up next.
- Virtual Console Games coming to Wii U GamePad. Someday.
- The Witcher devs show off sexy Cyberpunk 2077 trailer.
- Should “Resident Evil 7” borrow ideas from the Resident Evil Films? Ethan thinks so.
- The Horrible Show Live returns on Tuesday at 7pm EST on Twitch.tv/HorribleNight – Featuring a preview of 2013’s releases, plus live gaming after the show with the new Devil May Cry
- The Best of Horrible Night 2012 – Voting to start this week from you.
Have Some Culture
- Samus vs Link
- Portal Lunch Box
- Half-Life has had some terrible movie pitches according to Gabe Newell
- Photos from an Unofficial Chinese WoW Theme Park
- A new Nintendo Magazine surfaces
- Super Mario Bros. imagined as a modern indie game
Also, we’ve had way too much Mario in my house because this is hilarious to me right now: