PAX Prime always signals the end of the summer gaming drought for me. The final hype before the big push into the major release months. Hats off to Konami for making its presence known this year, but MGS updates seem about as interesting as Final Fantasy updates these days. We wrapped up our monthly look at Death in Games and Cole cautions everyone to never let one review make up your mind for you.
Last Week’s Headlines
- The World Ends With You arrives on iOS
- Build the home of your dreams in Skyrim’s Hearthfire expansion on Sept 4th
- Bastion goes to iPad because The Kid can
- Metal Gear Solid is going to be a movie
- Steam Greenlight is ready for your approvals
- Dead Island Riptide takes your character with it in 2013
- City of Heroes developer is closing
- PAX changes: PAX Prime moving to 4 days and going to Australia
- Square won’t give up on Final Fantasy XIII announces Lightning Returns
Looking for more game industry news coverage? Follow along on the Horrible Night Newswire Google+ Page where we share daily headlines that are worth talking about.
Last Week’s Horrible Night Originals
- Podcast – Aftermath of The Horrible Show Live #316 (Justin, Ethan, Josh)
- Hey! – Play! The Border Lands
- Podcast – You’re a Gamer? (The Cursed Checkpoint #122 – Brandon, Justin G, Cole)
- Editorial – Gamer’s Journey: Fighting Character Progression Obsession (Ethan Moses)
- Podcast – Drawing the Line at Tails (Super Gaming Best Friends #116 – Josh, Justin, Cole, Brandon)
- Editorial – Don’t Be That Guy: Reviewer Acolyte (Cole Monroe)
- Cheap and Dirty Gamer – Supermagical (Ethan Moses)
- Editorial – The Wheel of Video Game Life and Death Keeps Turning (Justin Gifford)
- Recoil Review – Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (Brandon Coppernoll)
- Editorial – Gaming Connoisseur: The Many Faces of Death in Games (Justin Lacey)
Horrible Newswire – Weekly recap of the headlines worth talking about that do not make it as articles on the site, plus a summary of the latest original content from Horrible Night.