If you had Epic and Irrational Games in your fantasy game developers league this week, you definitely didn’t get much sleep. Actually I have no idea how that would work, but it was random that so much was moving around in those two successful companies in the same week. We introduced August’s monthly theme Death in Games and luckily Ethan got us off to a light hearted approach before Josh went on a murderous rampage on our podcast and our first ever bonus episode.
Last Week’s Headlines
- THQ gives InSane back to Guillermo Del Toro
- DayZ is going to be a standalone game
- Scott Pilgrim finally adding online multiplayer
- Tophat Sasquatch breaks/reviews Jurassic Park Builder
- Steam is expanding to include “creativity to productivity” software
- Irrational Games loses some senior employees
- Impossible Studios which was Epic Baltimore which was Big Huge Games which worked on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is now working on Infinity Blade: Dungeons
- Epic’s director of production moves offices to join Irrational Games
Looking for more game industry news coverage? Follow along on the Horrible Night Newswire Google+ Page where we share daily headlines that are worth talking about.
Last Week’s Horrible Night Originals
- Editorial – You’re Gonna Get It Anyway: Transformers: War for Cybertron (Justin Lacey)
- Editorial – How You Play the Game: Taking Life and Death Seriously (Ethan Moses)
- Hey! – Buy! Spelunky Figurines
- Podcast – Death in Video Games (The Horrible Show Live #315 with Justin, Cole, Ethan, Josh)
- Podcast – Aftermath of The Horrible Show Live #315
- Cheap and Dirty Gamer – Dungeon Village (Ethan Moses)
- Editorial – Gamer’s Journey: Flip Flopping Through the Console Wars (Cole Monroe)
- Editorial – Just Ask: The Season for a 3DS Upgrade (Brandon, Justin G, Cole)
- Editorial – Think of the Children: Their Opinion Matters (Brandon Coppernoll)
- I Learned Something Today – Orcs Must Die! 2 (Ethan Moses)
Horrible Newswire – Weekly recap of the headlines worth talking about that do not make it as articles on the site, plus a summary of the latest original content from Horrible Night.