Bumpy week in the industry with more game delays, financial troubles, legal troubles, and lots of server issues. The good news? Two great games still came out and we managed to livestream one of them all day before turning our attention back to indie games.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed on our Horrible Night Newswire Google+ Page. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // Don’t Be That Guy: The I Know Better Gamer by Justin Lacey
- Event // Diablo 3 Livestream and Giveaway
- Podcast // Manis, Pedis, and Demons – Super Gaming Best Friends #109
- Rated Review // Lone Survivor Review: The Legend of Sleepy Cat by Aaron McNeal
- Event // Indie Game: The Movie Screening Update with Meetups and The Horrible Show Live
- Editorial // Gaming Lifestyle: Going Indie – Waiting for Console Breakthroughs by Cole Monroe
- Cheap and Dirty Gamer // Paladog Proves Hippies are Worthless in Battle by Ethan Moses
- Testing Preview // Spec Ops: The Line Demo Impressions: Toe that Line by Brandon Coppernoll
- I Learned Something Today // Diablo III by Ethan Moses
Last Week’s Headlines
12 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Just the beginning though.
38 Studios successfully pays $1.125 million to Rhode Island – Joystiq
Hope this series stays strong.
The Walking Dead sells a million episodes – Joystiq
Shared for the final line.
Diablo III US servers offline, Blizzard sorry for launch – Destructoid
I’m feeling weak and scared.
Borderlands 2 special editions revealed – Joystiq
Probably the game I want to know the most about this year, keeps on teasing.
New Trailer, New Look: The Last of Us – RipTen
Not the story you were looking for, but still interesting.
Activision, Electronic Arts Settle Over Infinity Ward Lawsuit – Giant Bomb