Boring rumors about inevitable sequels, naming rights arguments, and delays is just about all that May seems to be good for. At least there a few huge game releases coming up soon and the lull has given us the chance to explore more indie game experiences.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed on our Horrible Night Newswire Google+ Page. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Monthly Preview // Games of May Know What You Like
- Hey! // Watch! The Avengers Video Game Trailer
- Editorial // Gaming Cynic: The Indie Game Nightmare
- Podcast // You’re Gonna Get It Anyway – The Horrible Show #309
- Editorial // Kid and Play: Prepare Our Future Gamers by Andrew Cooper
- Contest // Diablo III Giveaway and Livestream All Day on May 15th
- Editorial // Video Game MD: Xenoblade Chronicles by Cole Monroe
- Cheap and Dirty Gamer // PixelJunk Collection Priced Like Actual Junk, Plays the Opposite by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // Tried It: Going Indie – Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition by Brandon Coppernoll
- I Learned Something Today // Trials Evolution by Cole Monroe
Last Week’s Headlines
19 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Process that a bit.
GameStop Selling Steam Cards – RipTen
This could have gotten nasty, glad both sides handled took care of business.
Valve, Blizzard Reach DOTA Trademark Agreement – GameInformer
It takes a lot for me to be convinced to play as the Boy Wonder, but Harley helps.
Play as both Robin and Batman in Harley Quinn’s Revenge – Joystiq
Maybe the kids will be alright after all.
Teens Learn How to Run a Business Using a Video Game – GamePolitics
That’s one way to get me to try a Facebook game.
Insomniac Announces Outernauts – GameInformer
Just a little quicker than the full version’s port.
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare headed for PC – Destructoid
This one hurts a bit. But I’ll take a perfect spring BioShock.
You Didn’t Really Want to Play BioShock Infinite This Year Anyway, Right? – Giant Bomb
The people dogging this “deal” already have a 360, this isn’t for you. It’s worth a shot.
Microsoft is Going Ahead With the $99 Xbox 360/Two-Year Subscription Plan – Giant Bomb