A quiet week in the industry with a few individuals and companies just trying to move onto greener pastures. We revealed a special event for Indianapolis gamers on our live show and hope to see those that can make it to the one night only screening of Indie Game: The Movie.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed on our Horrible Night Newswire Google+ Page. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Podcast // Warhammer Video Games 101 Plus 40k – The Cursed Checkpoint #114 with Ethan and Josh
- Reflex Review // Shoot Many Robots: Just Keep Shooting by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // How You Play the Game: My Passion for Poison by Ethan Moses
- Hey! // Play! Rambo: Last Blood and Hug It Out
- Podcast // You Fools! The Game is Smarter Than Me – The Horrible Show #308 Live
- Special Event // Indie Game: The Movie Comes to Indianapolis on May 23
- Cheap and Dirty Gamer // Infectonator 2, An Indirect PSA on Hand Washing by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // I Confess: The Legend of Zelda by Cole Monroe
- Rated Review // Kid Icarus: Uprising Review: A Flight of Fancy by Aaron McNeal
- Editorial // Counter Gaming: The Game Industry Needs Focus by Brandon Coppernoll
- I Learned Something Today // Lone Survivor by Ethan Moses
Last Week’s Headlines
12 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Surprised we haven’t seen more Smash Bros ripoffs actually.
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Officially Announced – G4
The more important version of the headline.
Nintendo Reports First Financial Loss in 30 Years – Piki Geek
Best of luck to Adam. We’ll see him sooner than later I’m sure.
Adam Sessler Exits G4 – GamePolitics
Damn. Alex at his finest.
Bloodforge Review – Giant Bomb
If anyone’s earned it.
Fez Programmer Wants to Move on to Bigger and Better Things – RipTen
Not surprisingly, Crysis 3 is looking gooood.
Head down to the swamps of New York City with Crysis 3’s first gameplay trailer