We took advantage of a patch notes and sales update heavy news week to read through some great editorials, as well as pay tribute to one of our industry’s forefathers. Robots attacked Horrible Night in more ways than one and we also revisited a few old favorite game characters.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed on our Horrible Night Newswire Google+ Page. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // Can Robots Be Trusted? by Ethan Moses
- Cursed Activities // Game Industry Shout-Outs: Jungle Wrath
- Podcast // Why We Play – The Horrible Show #307
- Hey! // Watch! El Guapo Reigns as TERA’s MMO-FO World Champion by Josh Lee
- Editorial // You Fools! Why Didn’t We Buy Earthbound? by Justin Lacey
- Podcast // Spoiler Alert: Journey – The Cursed Checkpoint #113 with Justin L, Aaron, Justin S
- Cheap and Dirty Gamer // Monsters’ Den Chronicles is Full of Awesome Parties by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // Characters That Games Forgot: Maria Renard of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night by Cole Monroe
- Editorial // Remake It So: Friday the 13th: The Video Game by Brandon Coppernoll
- I Learned Something Today // Legend of Grimrock by Justin Lacey
Last Week’s Headlines
16 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Hmm, hadn’t thought of that before.
Why are video game sales looking so weak lately? Blame Nintendo. – Ars Technica
Really interesting review and take on the direction of the art style in Skullgirls.
Skullgirls Review – A New Challenger Appears…With Her Crotch Showing – Piki Geek
Have some numbers.
Mass Effect 3 sales in US hit 1.3 million during launch month – Joystiq
I love this stuff.
A 4-week-old Bastion looked ugly but played beautifully – Destructoid
Surprise, anonymous gamers are a lot more civil in person.
PAR Editorial: Mass Effect retaken: Bioware described extra ending content at surprisingly positive PAX East panel – Penny Arcade Report