If you’re the type with money to burn and also happen to be anxiously awaiting the release of The Secret World, I have some fun and exciting news for you….it’s time to preorder! By giving Funcom your money up front, you not only can show others your blind admiration to the spooky and mysterious game but also get some neat stuff to help you along your journey through the darkness, and impenetrable darkness you may never escape from alive….Awesome!
Preordering gives access to the following:
- Guaranteed Early Access to the game, up to four days prior to the game’s official launch (If you pre-order you get at least one day (24 hours) of early access. Depending on availability you get up to four days. The availability is settled on a first come, first serve basis.)
- An exclusive in-game item providing an experience boost to progression
- An exclusive in-game t-shirt featuring a unique monster design
- A powerful pet (Ferocious Wolf, Egyptian Cat or Loyal Hound) to support the player in combat
- A head start on character naming before the game launches
Additionally, you can purchase upgrade packs for that range from $14.99 to $199.99 that include things like additional bonus items and even a lifetime subscription for those willing to shell out excessive amounts of dough, chedda, bread or whatever form of currency you happen to use.
The overall bonuses are intriguing, but I’m gonna wait on this one as my back log is way too long. Despite being a cat person, I don’t trust the Egyptian variety as they possess way too much magic and intrigue for my taste.