Definitely was a review week as it was impressive to see so many reviews of so many different games churned out in such a small amount of time. Dead Island for better and for worse led the headlines, while Nintendo generated even more geek rage from its fan base. We started churning out our hands-on previews of select PAX titles as well as a monster of a monthly preview and a helluva iOS game interview that anyone interested in game development should check out.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // How You Play the Game: Unconscionable Gaming by Ethan Moses
- Preview // PAX Hands-on: A Flipping Good Time by Justin Lacey
- The Horrible Show // The Horrible Show at PAX Prime 2011: Days 2-3
- Interview // Pixels and Rocket Science: An Interview with The Last Rocket Creator, Shaun Inman by Alex Porter
- REPLY TO ALL // Gut Check on Upcoming Releases Fall 2011
- Preview // PAX Hands-on: Vessel by Justin Lacey
- Hey! // Watch! If Video Games Were Real by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // Fox News Doesn’t Trust Flower Either by Cole Monroe
- Horribly Awesome Deals of the Week // Darkness, Demons and Scuba Suits by Ethan Moses
- Get Em All Preview // Games of September Hurt So Good
- I Learned Something Today // Castlevania: Symphony of the Night by Justin Lacey
Last Week’s Headlines
22 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Review: Dead Island – Destructoid
A beautiful mess that I can’t pull the trigger on yet, what about you?
Halo 4 Creative Director Jumps Ship, Wasn’t ‘Creatively Excited’ About Project – IndustryGamers
Well, that’s encouraging.
BloodRayne Betrayal review: Re-animated – Joystiq
I like the look of that review score.
Rise of Nightmares review: A novel experiment – Joystiq
I sense a lot of hope for the future here, too bad the game is in the present.
Review of Resistance 3 – Giant Bomb
Well, that’s a nice surprise for us and Insomniac
Dead Island on Steam Being Replaced after Wrong Version Released – Co-Optimus
Review of Driver: San Francisco – Giant Bomb
Wow, I expected this game to be broken. Interesting.
Overreactions To 3DS Expansion Slide Pad Reveal – GameSetWatch
Its ugly. We get it.
Dead Island Player Discovers Feminist Whore Skill, Outrage Ensues – Piki Geek
Dev humor never meant to see the light of day.
Harmonix Marks Milestone With Weezer, Janis Joplin – GameInformer
200 weeks of DLC. Jebus.
Infinity Ward’s day in court: May 7, 2012 – Joystiq
Crazy to think MW3 will be out for over 6 months at that point