That’s much better, our headline sharing feed is fixed so we thought we’d over share this week. Of course, Gamescon drove a lot of headlines with hands-on previews, trailers, and release date announcements. 2011 is going to finish with a flourish. We tried to keep up by getting our game on here as 4 reviews across 4 different platforms went live.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // Limits are Advantages for Indie Developers by Ethan Moses
- REPLY TO ALL // Video Games Get Blamed Again
- Reflex Review // Space Pirates and Zombies: Cold, Dark and Fun by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // Completely Finished, Completely Satisfied by Justin Lacey
- The Horrible Show // Video Game Pricing
- Hey! // Buy! Official Pac-Man Clothing Line by Cole Monroe
- Rated Review // Baby Monkey (Going Backwards on a Pig): All is Right in the World by Alex Porter
- Horribly Awesome Deals of the Week // A Handful of Happiness by Ethan Moses
- Reflex Review // Games of Our Wives: New Super Mario Bros. Wii by Cole Monroe
- Meanwhile… // Another Falls Out
- Rated Review // Fruit Ninja Kinect: Fun Flailing at Fruit by Justin Gifford
- I Learned Something Today // Silent Hill by Ethan Moses
Last Week’s Headlines
31 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection includes look at Nico & The Last Guardian – Shacknews
We didn’t need another reason to buy this game, but thanks!
Worms series aims for fairway in Worms Crazy Golf – Destructoid
I love this idea, I can’t explain why.
Batman: Arkham City trailer unveils Mr. Freeze – Joystiq
Actually no puns needed, Freeze looks awesome.
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron review: Just like heaven – Joystiq
Oh wow, this has surprise of the year written all over it.
Sony Catches Price Drop Fever, Drops PS3 Price to $249 – Giant Bomb
Immediate price drops are much more effective.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning launching February 7, 2012 – Joystiq
Perfect fit for Q1. Good move.
World of Battleships announced – Shacknews
Awesome, but how many worlds can we support?
PlayStation Vita: All Games to be Digitally Available Via PSN – IndustryGamers
Excellent move, Sony.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword out in North America on Nov. 20 – Joystiq
Link continues to hate Thanksgiving.
NFL Sunday Ticket Coming To PlayStation 3 – GameInformer
Awesome, but holy hell is that a big number
From Dust Suffering from Clumsy Port, Forced Online DRM – Piki Geek
That’s just sad. The game should be better/awesome on a PC.
Super Mario Land 2 and Metroid II on their way to the 3DS – Destructoid
Probably the two best Nintendo games that I played the least