Actually this was one of the biggest news weeks in a while. Corporate shake-ups, major franchise delays and announcements, plus some awesome video game music is now within reach. Here in the Night we addressed the pitfalls of MMO’s, entertained the creator of one of our favorite games, and got addicted to shrooms.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // The Fallen Heroes of Video Game Power Up Addiction by Ethan Moses
- Headlines // Game Industry Shout-Outs: Violent Gold
- Editorial // Gamer’s Journey: Lord of Ultima: Fall of an Empire by Alex Porter
- Hey! // Watch! The Silly Adventures of Mr. Mochi in Oblivion by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // Difficulty Settings Part 2: Current Gen by JP LaFrance
- Horribly Awesome Deals of the Week // On the Brink of Something Cheap
- Editorial // Mail This: Enough with the Tweaking by Justin Gifford
- Meanwhile… // When It Hits Your Fingers
- Rated Review // Captain America: Super Soldier: Avenge Another Day by Ethan Moses
- I Learned Something Today // Shadow Complex by Cole Monroe
Last Week’s Headlines
23 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Diablo III to Feature Real Money Auction House for In-Game Items – Giant Bomb
This makes me really uncomfortable for some reason.
Finally! Final Fantasy Tactics iPhone coming Thursday – Destructoid
Great fit for mobile devices. But $16???
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet – Piki Geek
The Summer of Arcade game of the week. Will it play as great as it looks?
Catherine Sets Atlus Sales Record — Breaks Record For Scariest Sheep – G4
So Atlus reads this as, “Go ahead and make a weirder game”
Borderlands 2 rolling in sometime after March 2012 – Joystiq
Nice to have it confirmed. I bet it pushes to holiday 2012 though.
HBO Go coming to consoles – Shacknews
Smart move by HBO. Now just let me subscribe directly.
EA Announce Big Changes in the Corporate Office – Piki Geek
Seemed kind of silly to limit him to sports.
Twisted Metal pushed to ‘early 2012’ worldwide – Joystiq
Smart move actually.
Download the Bastion soundtrack for $10 – Destructoid
Don’t hesitate for a second. Amazing.
PlayStation Network PLAY is (a lot) like Summer of Arcade; starts later this month – Joystiq
Starting to get their act together.
Battlefield 3 won’t be sold on Steam; EA claims service ‘restricts our ability to directly support players’ – Joystiq
This is getting too complicated and EA is shooting themselves in the foot.