The news was not quite as explosive as previous weeks, but hopefully the explosions from the holiday weekend distracted pirates from downloading Gears 3? Maybe not. We still managed to wrap up our Mario Madness series in preparation for a successful Horrible Night Out. We’ll have video evidence soon.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // WTF Is This: You Could be Better with Playstation Home Beta by Andrew Cooper
- Podcast // Does June 2011 Matter? – The Horrible Show 070611
- Hey! // Watch! Rooster Teeth’s Video Game Inventories in Real Life by Ethan Moses
- Testing Preview // Project Zomboid: The Zombie Elitist Game of Choice by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // Virtual Praise for the Virtual Console by Cole Monroe
- Editorial // Mario Madness: How to Lose at Mario Kart 64 by Justin Lacey
- I Learned Something Today // Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // Make It a Top 5 List by Justin Gifford
Last Week’s Headlines
19 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Leak Alert: Gears of War 3 emerges on torrent sites [Updated] – Joystiq
Still crazy that these leaks get out like they do.
Report: Rockstar won’t publish LA Noire developer’s next – Shacknews
Haven’t heard the last of this. Usually these results in a broken game, not a hit.
Ms. Splosion Man Will Cost You $10 – GameInformer
Brilliant move, and more reason to support Twisted Pixel.
Digital Press Veterans Kickstart Videogame History Museum – GameSetWatch
Not to be confused with our friends at The Art of Video Games exhibition.
Nintendo Won’t Be Doing Smartphone Games – IndustryGamers
Speaking of baffling. Why do just one?
Rhythm Heaven Wii trailer boosts Wii’s 2011 library 100% – Destructoid
I’m actually excited for this one.
Criterion Games Finally Confims Long Rumored Burnout CRASH! – Giant Bomb
Well, Criterion is still attached to it, I’m gonna give em the benefit of the doubt for now, but…
Limbo Making its Way to PSN and Steam – Piki Geek
Time for a wider audience to get a chance to enjoy this masterpiece.
Section 8: Prejudice getting new maps and mode this month – Joystiq
And they are updating it? This is awesome.