Huge win for the industry this week as the Supreme Court ruled against California’s violent video game sales law. Hopefully, with all of this recent validation, the video game industry can actually do something with the spotlight (at least they didn’t notice Duke Nukem Forever). We focused our editorial efforts on unveiling 2 of the Mario Madness games this week in preparation for the Horrible Night Out this Friday.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. This Tuesday
Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // Think of the Adults: Potentially Real Virtual Reality Problems by Ethan Moses
- Headlines // Supreme Court and Video Games Defeat the Governator by Justin Gifford
- Editorial // Just 5 More Minutes: Advance Wars by Justin Lacey
- REPLY TO ALL // Add Another Player
- The Horrible Show // What We Are Playing June 2011
- Editorial // Mario Madness: The Royal Deception of Super Mario Bros by Ethan Moses
- Hey! // Watch! Kinect Graffiti by Justin Lacey
- Testing Preview // El Shaddai: The Ascension of the Metatron Demo Impressions by Cole Monroe
- Meanwhile… // You’ve Gotta Try This
- Editorial // Mario Madness: Super Smash Bros Melee Wins by Justin Gifford
- Editorial // Mail This: Minibosses Unaware of Pecking Order by Justin Gifford
Last Week’s Headlines
18 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Supreme Court Strikes Down California Law – Giant Bomb
Cave Story 3D delayed until November – Joystiq
Damn. This was a borderline system seller for me.
The Saga of George “GeoHot” Hotz Has Reached its Only Natural Conclusion – Giant Bomb
That’s an interesting application for a job
World of Warcraft goes free-to-play until characters hit level 20 – Joystiq
I’m sorry, I know it’s only level 20, but see free-to-play that close to that name is still weird.
BioShock Infinite tops E3 Game Critics Awards – Shacknews
Shocking? Not so much. Still excited though.
Sony’s Stringer Asked To Step Down By Shareholder At Meeting – GameInformer
Someone had to fall.
Respawn Entertainment Launches Website With Blurry Image, Baseless Rumors of Dinosaurs Run Amok – Giant Bomb
I love it.
Steam Summer Sale is Here, Your Summer is Over – Piki Geek
Gods save us
Zynga Files IPO, Also Known as the Path to Billions – Giant Bomb
Hate ’em or not, their success is impressive.