There was a suprisingly a fair amount of news last week in what is generally historically a down week after E3. Plenty of reviews both on and off of our site, as well as more continued hacking attacks. No one is lulzing anymore. To close the week we dished out some awards for E3, we may not have decided who won, but you have to admit, Jeremy did do a good job.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // Characters that Games Forgot: The Lost Souls of Teams Bravo and Alpha by Ethan Moses
- Rated Review // The Tiny Big Bang Story: Incredibly Accurate Title by Ethan Moses
- REPLY TO ALL // The Coverage of E3 11
- Editorial // You’re Gonna Get It Anyway: Duke Nukem Forever by Justin Lacey
- Recoil Review // Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Did I Read the Name Right? by Alex Porter
- Hey! // Play! Papa’s Taco Mia! by Ethan Moses
- Rated Review // L.A. Noire: Sauntering Deliciously Towards Perdition by Justin Gifford
- Editorial // Cole’s E3 2011 Recap by Cole Monroe
- Cursed Activities // Meanwhile… Infamous Joke about Madness
- Rated Review // World of Tanks: Freemium Price without the Freemium Taste by Nathan Moses
- Editorial // GiffTor’s E3 2011 Recap by Justin Gifford
- Cursed Activities // E3 11: Some Horrible Awards
- I Learned Something Today // Crysis 2 by Cole Monroe
Last Week’s Headlines
24 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
THQ Shutters Homefront Developer Kaos Studios – Giant Bomb
Damn! That seems a bit excessive.
Metareview: Duke Nukem Forever – Joystiq
These aren’t deterring me.
Nintendo Blurts Out an Absurd Number of 3DS, Wii, DS Release Dates – Giant Bomb
That’s hardly digestible, but thanks Nintendo?
Lulzsec Takes Down Multiple Games, The Escapist – GamePolitics
Seriously. Who is Lulzing?
Crysis 2 and Others Disappear from Steam, EA’s Relationship With Steam Unknown [UPDATED] – Giant Bomb
Yuck, this isn’t gonna be a pretty battle.
Red Box Finally Does Something Netflix Doesn’t, Launches Game Rental Service – Giant Bomb
Hmm, more excuses to go to my local McDonalds.
Infinity Ward suit against Activision going to trial – Joystiq
Going to war and it looks like both sides will win and lose.
Review: Dungeon Siege III – Destructoid
Say what you will, but it sounds like this is a game worth playing for the right audience.
Review of Child of Eden – Giant Bomb
I was worried about this one, just be cautious with your $50 purchases. I’m sure it’s a great “game” otherwise.