Troubles at Sony continue as announcements come out over two of gaming’s biggest franchises. I think Shepard would like a do over in the animus. We had a heavy browser based gaming week here on HN and wanted to thank Northway games for agreeing to Ethan’s interview, and we’d also like to thank Final Fantasy VII fans for not vocally condemning Cole. We did get your letters though.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Interview // Can Develop, Does Travel: An Interview with Rebuild Creator Sarah Northway by Ethan Moses
- Reflex Review // Dead Frontier Gives Players a Cost Effective Way to Battle the Undead by Ethan Moses
- Rated Review // Mortal Kombat: Brutal Bliss by Justin Lacey
- The Horrible Show // Does April 2011 Matter?
- Reflex Review // Games of Our Wives: Red Dead Redemption by Alex Porter
- Hey! // Play! Castaway 2 by Ethan Moses
- REPLY TO ALL // Is Single Player Dying?
- Editorial // I Confess: Final Fantasy VII by Cole Monroe
- Editorial // Just 5 More Minutes: Sega Channel by JP LaFrance
- I Learned Something Today // Enslaved: Odyssey to the West by Cole Monroe
- Preview // Games of May Solve the Case
Last Week’s Headlines
19 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Sony Online Entertainment pulled due to intrusion – Shacknews
Wow, after they went out of their way to claim it was safe.
Outland Review – Piki Geek
Whoa. Someone loved it, that raises the hopes a bit.
Fallout: New Vegas getting three more DLC installments – Destructoid
Just when I thought they gave up on New Vegas. Nicely done.
Wii drops to $150 on May 15, bundled with Mario Kart and wheel – Joystiq
Oh just go to $99 already.
Mass Effect 3 Delayed into Early 2012 – Giant Bomb
Can’t say I’m shocked, take your time fellas.
Ten Best Selling Rock Band DLC Artists – RockBandAIde
Metallica with only 3 songs and still in the Top 10.
Split/Second 2 Canceled, Layoffs At Black Rock Studio – Game Informer
The studio obviously has talent, too bad Disney doesn’t know what they are doing.
June Cover Revealed: Assassin’s Creed Revelations – Game Informer
Still shocked that they are sticking with Ezio for 3 whole games.
US government Declares Roger Ebert Wrong: Video Games Officially Art – Piki Geek
Glad that’s settled