Felt like the entire industry was hungover or sick last week, but we were treated to a killer Batman trailer and news while Homefront made its long awaited debut. In our world, our minds were definitely on our Think of the Children podcast with lots of advice for gamer parents and kids throughout the week.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // It Doesn’t Matter: Unoriginal Can Be Great by Wizardtrain187
- Editorial // Games of Our Wives: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 by streetalchemist
- The Horrible Show // Think of the Children: Historical Stories
- Hey! // Watch! Super Smash Bros. Cee Lo Parody by JDevL
- Editorial // Think of the Children: Video Games Made Me by JDevL
- Editoral // Spoiler Alert: Red Dead Redemption by Colefacekilla, GiffTor, and JDevL
- REPLY TO ALL // Video Game Hustlers
- Editorial // Mail This: Kids, Teach Your Parents Well by GiffTor
- I Learned Something Today // NBA Jam by Colefacekilla
Last Week’s Headlines
17 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Angry Birds boss claims consoles are dying – Destructoid
Them’s fighting words.
PAX East 2011 attendance 69,500; officially becomes biggest PAX – Joystiq
I continue to be amazed by PAX and how rabid the fans are.
Review of Homefront – Giant Bomb
You can sense how much Alex wanted to like this game, just didn’t happen.
THQ stock drops 25 percent in one day on Homefront launch – Joystiq
The power of metacritic is scary.
Happy birthday! Destructoid turns five – Destructoid
Congrats to Destructoid, they revitalized my interest in game journalism when they hit the net.
Riddler revealed as key baddie in Batman: Arkham City – Destructoid
So that’s what they’ve been hiding.
Mega 64 spoofs Heavy Rain, makes all of us uncomforJAAAASOOON – Joystiq
“I’ve fought a guy like this before”