The Game Developer’s Confernce (GDC) kept everyone on their toe’s last week with more reveals, trailers, and industry insight than we are used to out of that event. Our friends over at In Gaming We Trust are raising money to help a local flooded animal rescue facility, and here on Horrible Night we announced our first game night event coming this week.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // Hardcore Fallout: New Vegas is Backed Up by Wizardtrain187
- Editorial // You’re Gonna Get It Anyway: Dragon Age by JDevL
- The Horrible Show // Does February 2011 Matter?
- Editorial // A Quarter Century of Awesomeness by streetalchemist
- Event // Horrible All Nighter – Gears of War 2 – March 10th 8pm EST
- Hey! // Watch! DinoCity Review
- Retro Review // The Thing: Friends, Foes and I Don’t Knows by Wizardtrain187
- Preview // MLB 11: The Show Starts the Spring Off Right by Colefacekilla
- REPLY TO ALL // Sequelphobia
- I Learned Something Today // Mega Man 2 by JDevL
- Editorial // Mail This: Being Rockstar Went to Your Head by GiffTor
Last Week’s Headlines
23 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
WWE All Stars: Full roster, trailer, screens, MR. PERFECT – Destructoid
We’ll have to consult with colefacekilla to see who is really missing from this list.
Hands-On Review of the Rock Band 3 Fender Squier – RockBandAide
So excited to get my hands on one of these and subsequently have them bleed.
Sony Developing Devil May Cry Into Film Franchise – G4
Same studio that does the Resident Evil movies. It could be worse, I guess.
GDC 11: Shadows of the Damned, Alice get release dates – Destructoid
I support freaky Junes.
Battlefield 3 trailer – nearly three minutes of gameplay – Joystiq
Damn that’s pretty.
Review: Dawn of War II: Retribution – Destructoid
Maybe Ethan was on to something.
The Winners of the 2011 GDC/IGF Awards Are… – G4
Just when you thought ME2 had it all sewn up.
Hybrid preview: A new breed – Joystiq
Dude, this looks awesome or refreshing at the very least.
Bungie: MMO announcement during GDC panel was a joke – Joystiq
Haha, I would have loved to see the reactions at Bungie the next day.